The Social Entrepreneurship Initiative (SEI) at UCLA is an organization dedicated to the development of novel solutions to pressing societal issues impeding the realization of every human being right to health care as well as the fulfillment of one’s own cultural, social and economic potential.
- Assist the development of a crowdfunding fundraiser for the Mobile Clinic project at UCLA.
- Study the need and feasibility of expanding a UCLA student-run clinic into a full-service community clinic in south/downtown Los Angeles.
- Perform a cost-analysis of the Venice Family Clinic (VFC) operations and propose strategies to reduce procedural costs and expand patient care. Evaluate the clinic’s financial flow after ACA implementation
- Design of a tracking system to efficiently monitor patient’s flow throughout the clinic and to easily guide the patients to their next appointment area.
- Enhance family satisfaction through playful health educational design for children in waiting areas and exams rooms of the new VFC’s Children’s Health and Wellness Center (CHWC).
- Assess the feasibility and profitability of a full-service pharmacy at the Rose Avenue and Children Health and Wellness Venice Family Clinic sites.
Pharmacy profitability analysis report presentation at Venice Family Clinic Headquarters.
SEI-Art Center design project on the news at Forbes: http://www.forbes.com/sites/henrydoss/2014/05/23/design-thinking-in-healthcare-one-step-at-a-time/
The groundbreaking ceremony for the new VFC Children’s Health and Wellness Center incorporated the SEI Art Center team models and design recommendations!